Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Moment for Poetry

Love's Blinded Fool
By: DrummaRico
aka - The Love Doctor


Love can be cruel
In the hands of a fool
In inexperienced hands, a tool
That'll leave a heart for the breakin
Never mistaken
Turns the world into forsaken
Shadows
That leave us blind
Lost in the wilderness within our mind
Where she resides...
Where my love must hide

In order to protect
The heart, that only her love, could resurrect
It seems almost suspect
To be granted such an emotion
That can leave the body in such commotion
A war
Where the heart and the mind
On the issue, they are torn
And the soul...
Day to day, more and more worn
For it is this lack of love that leaves him to be in mourn

In sleepless nights and slow-moving days
It waits
This love; this pain
This insanity to, once again, become sane
And much like the rain
It fills the pools of the scattered love that remained

I'm thinkin and missin
I'm hopin and wishin
Forsaken in this love that I can't be dismissin
Blinded...
Cause I can't make sense of wrong or right
Keeps me in the dark searchin for light
And, yet, it won't give up the fight
Knowing that “true love” is still with in sight
With the one that still holds my heart so tight
Within her hands...

Oh, how I could bend at the will of her command
To fulfill each demand
Finding such a peace in the reward of knowing that she will understand...
Just how much, for her, this heart beats
How, despite intuition, the love doesn't retreat
Never admitting defeat
From the only love that ever made me feel so complete
Yes, this fool...
That holds, with inexperienced hands, this tool
That could mend his heart once again
Longs for becoming more than “just a friend”
To speak of “forever” instead of “the end”

But only she has that power that could make the hurt bend
For one's will without the other
Only leaves another
Hole...
In place of what should be whole
And until her hand allows mine to hold
This story can only be dreamt and not told
For it would be bold
To say, without her permission, that she is mine
Although, I wish that she would be every night
Every time...
Her face crosses my mind
So as I sit here with closed eyes
So that this beauty, I can find
I am reminded
That opening my eyes is useless for I have been blinded
By the tool
Inexperienced hands; this fool
Awaits for renewal
For his “Preciosa” jewel
For her love

No comments:

Post a Comment